By Madeleine Dee
1. With a sharp knife, cut through the skin and down to the pit in the center. Carefully roll the avocado, cutting a straight line around the entire fruit to get back to your starting point.
2. Split the two halves by twisting gently in opposite directions and pulling apart.
3. To remove the pit, hold the avocado half in your hand and gently but firmly whack the pit with your knife, then twist to remove. Cover your hand with a paper towel and carefully remove the pit from your knife.
4. “Score” your avocado by slicing even lines from top to bottom, then from side to side to form a grid pattern. Be careful not to cut through the skin. (You could also scoop out the flesh with a spoon and then dice it, but you’ll look like such a pro if you can master this scoring technique in the skin!)
5. Use a spoon to scoop out the scored flesh and enjoy perfectly diced avocado! To help keep the avocado green longer, toss it with a little lime or lemon juice.
Now you're an avocado pro! Go impress somebody.
Go on - shoo! :)