2. With a sharp paring knife, cut a small circle out of the top.
Angle your knife for a smoother incision.
3. Look at all that stuffing inside. Ooooh...
4. With a clean hand, pull out the stuffing inside. Be thorough,
but be careful not to puncture or rip the lovely crust.
*Save the stuffing for breadcrumbs because you're resourceful like that. ;)
5. Mix 2 diced avocados with some olive oil mayo, a couple pinches of salt and pepper, and some chopped black olives.
Spread this mixture gently and evenly over the bottom of the hollowed loaf of bread. You'll use about a 1/3 of the spread - you don't want to use too much.
6. Layer in some sliced cheese. I like to use provolone for this sandwich,
but mozzarella or something similar would be just fine.
7. Add a layer of pepperoni. I used turkey pepperoni
so that I could feel a tad more healthy. *wink*
8. Add about 1 lb. of sliced turkey breast. The stuff I used had a
scrumptious black pepper crust.
9. Add some crisp, fresh romaine lettuce. Make sure it's dry. By this point, you'll have to gently lift the bread edge and tuck the lettuce inside, being careful not to tear the bread.
10. Add another generous layer of the avocado mixture. Be sure to gently spread it all around under the bread edge.
11. Add the top back on.
12. Press firmly to get the top to adhere to the avocado spread.
13. Firmly bind the sandwich in several tight layers of plastic wrap.
14. Refrigerate for at least a couple hours with a large, heavy plate balanced on top.
15. Once thoroughly chilled and pressed, slice into wedges and feed hungry people!
Enjoy, my dears!