I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by a fellow blogger, the Bitter Baker, and I am honored! A little research told me that this isn't an award in the normal sense of the word, but a way for bloggers to recognize little-known colleagues, learn a little about them, and help spread their name and their work to more readers. It's a lovely idea, so I thought I'd pass the gesture along!
The 11 Questions Asked of Me by The Bitter Baker:
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I have a small birthmark on my ankle that looks like a tiny pair of lips kissed my skin.
2. If I wake up between 6 AM and 6:59 AM, I am miserably tired. Any other time is fine.
3. I have an intense aversion to ham, but I eat all other pork products.
4. I have hundreds of issues of Gourmet magazine. It was my favorite publication, and I was so sad when they stopped printing.
5. I played ice hockey for a brief while in high school. It's just as scary as it looks.
6. I burnt my arm on a searing hot pan when I was a TA at Sullivan University. The burn finally healed and was almost invisible a couple months ago, and then I burnt my arm in the exact same spot, so now I have the scar again.
7. I once lived in Hollywood for 5 days.
8. I got excellent grades all my life, even 100% in several, but I almost failed Chemistry.
9. I cross days off on my calendar at 9 PM. It's an old habit from when I had to go to sleep early and wake up at 5 AM for culinary school.
10. I can parrot almost any voice, accent, or noise that I hear, and I do a mean Miss Swan impression.
11. I'm a sucker for brown eyes.
Here are the 11 blogs/bloggers I'd like to nominate:
The Creole Contessa
My Recipe Journey
An Uneducated Palate
Scott Borel - scottybcooks.blogspot.com
Sugar Dish Me
Lynn's Southern Heart
Lullabies for Pies - Magdalena Hannah
Sue's Nutrition Buzz
Cooking is Easy
Now, 11 questions for the people I nominated:
1. What is your name?
2. If you could time travel to one part of history, which time would you choose and why?
3. What is your favorite kitchen tool?
4. If you had to get rid of a whole food group and never eat from it again, which would you choose?
5. What is your favorite kind of cheese?
6. How many foreign countries have you visited? Which ones would you like to visit?
7. Where were you born? (You don't have to say when!)
8. If you could put your 5 favorite musical artists together for a concert, who would be playing?
9. What is your favorite food-related film?
10. What is your blog about, and what does the subject mean to you?
11. What is your fondest food memory?
PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ON YOUR BLOG AND SEND ME THE LINKS SO I CAN READ YOUR RESPONSES! :)
If you'd like to continue the award ceremony, choose 11 little-known bloggers, tell them they've been nominated with a link to your questions, answer the ones you've been asked, ask them 11 questions, and list 11 random facts about yourself. Sounds like a lot, but it's very fun! :)